4.24.2008

pout 2.o

so, i just took the digital camera that i've had for a year that torie gave to me (read: ghettocam) to take pictures of things i made for the ohsweetie shop and the camera just died. it finally died. and i'm pouting. because i want to put these things up on my shop to make some moolah to buy some groceries, but alas. i must wait for the student loan i guess.

it's that time of the semester when we're scrounging for money to pay rent, borrowing money from my mom to buy groceries, and just counting nickles, eating poopy food, and renting movies from library. it's interesting to see how little we CAN live on but not fun to know that at this specific instant in time i'm expecting $2100 in reimbursements and payment. i also did our taxes yesterday and our combined income for 2007 was honestly $31,000. no wonder it felt like we were always poor. even with my student loans it would only make it $40,000. and there was a wedding and two moves in there. really poopy. so, right now i'm feeling really stressed about money money money. my main frustration is that the reimbursements i'm waiting for are just dragging along in time. and people in these offices don't seem to understand that NOT paying my rent or eating isn't an option around here. and the provincial government cheque issuing turn around is 30 days. so, a reimbursement goes in on the 8th of april and it won't, at the very least, be mailed out until May 8th. shitty. same goes for my contract. 30 day turn arounds on when it gets to finance, NOT the day i submit it. grr.

anyway, i guess i'll just have to plug along at doing more work, getting back on track with my thesis (it's funny, taking two days off and i feel off track). i have a bunch of things i need to get like a scanner, a bunch of pens (for drawing), paper, exacto knives, a mouse for this laptop for precision, and a new digital camera, and a cell phone. aside from my keita in japan, this'll be my first cell phone and my first digital camera, no joke. what year is it?! mans.

on the accomplishing things front i've been knitting a lot. (no pictures! gr!) i am almost done the artichoke socks, have to just graft together the toe of the other socks for my mom, then weave in the ends on my jaywalkers, and i finished another pair of mitty things for grace (who's leaving/gone? i'll miss you baby! have the time of your life!!!) as a gift for driving me to the airport, and i have to finish the other wribblet that vickie gave me. i was hoping to get more money so i could buy some nice everything. i lost that thought for sure.

listening to le tigre, the gossip, and m.i.a. makes it better.

No comments: