6.22.2008

sluggy summer

it's way past my bedtime. and i'm sitting here on our couch with headphones on putting together my summer mix. usually i'm the kind of person that mixes my indie music and my alt country and my "techno" on the same mix. but not this summer, oh no. it's mostly new. and it's all pretty hard. it's a throw down disc. and i love it. i wish it wasn't two in the morning and stewart was awake and we could just drink a bottle alize and listen to it really loud. it's funny how the music inspires me to party. and just be beyond myself. this weekend has been great so far and it's a nice spot to see both stewart and i really happy. it's actually a strange sight after the worst winter ever (i made it a medal). never in my youth (minus japan, though a lot of healing happened while i was there) have i just wasted a year or any substantial amount of time on working, solely, and partying/crafting/shootin'-the-shit in my off time. terrace there for a while in the confederation nation we were close. i had a lot of fun then. and while i have this incredible list of accomplishments (both physical and psychological) i haven't accomplished that "wasting my youth" experience we all lament and wish for simultaneously. and i want that a little bit.

part of this, too, is that i'm winding out of prince george. i was talking to my mom today and she's leaving terrace (which means i'll probably never go back) but she "left" yesterday. i'm feeling like that here. but i'm sad for the next few months. and i'm excited for all the events, projects, places, and people my life will intersect with over these summer months. some examples of this will be girls of meow calendar 2009, de-stashing my life from stuff, birthday parties, babies, weddings (!!), trips, going back to terrace for probably the last time (in the foreseeable future), tattoos, knitting, cuddles, lakes. so, with that summer promise below is the list du jour around here, in my headphones, or re-routed through our amp and bumping in the morning with a strong cup of black gold.

  • the bomb - new young pony club
  • raquel - neon neon
  • are we accidentally at a party? - peachcake
  • je veux te voir - yelle
  • breaking up - woodhands
  • far away - cut/copy
  • blind - hercules and love affair
  • tabloid sores (nosaj thing rmx) - health
  • model - to my boy
  • world town - m.i.a.
  • handle me - robyn
  • alice practice - crystal castles
  • let there be light - justice
  • magic beast, the - YACHT
  • what new york used to be - the kills
  • eat your heart up - BLOW
  • heartbeats - the knife

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i need some ohsweetie snuggles. also, i need your address. i have a surprise to send you.

Anonymous said...

EFF YES!
I love your songlists!!