6.24.2013

The Best Mix CD Ever

The other day I pulled out a CD holder wallet thingy that had a pile of CDs that lived with me between 2002-2005. The wallet is full of CDS made for me ages ago that I hadn't listened to in years. Recently in an interview, Tegan & Sara said something so perfectly apt: making a mix cd and giving it to someone is how you tell them how you feel. (What do kids these days do?). Anyway, a fine fellow I was disasterously in love with would trade CDs with me. We'd also drive around in his honda civic and harmonize to the sound of settling as the sun went down. Back then I wasn't confident to call ppl out when I KNEW they liked me (and I pined and pined) but listening to this mix CD over the weekend it totally dawned on me: he was totally into me, maybe? haha. Stupid young kids in their 20s. We should've been making out. Anyway, it's a fantastic mix and I love it. There's a theme to it that doesn't matter at this point, except that it was special. OH MAN.

Headlines - Neon Blonde

Alex Chilton - The Replacements

Palmcorder Yanja - The Mountain Goats

Parallel or Together? - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists

As Your Ghost Takes Flight - Saves the Day

Believing is Art - Spoon

I-E-A-I-A-I-O - System of a Down

Rooftops - Alkaline Trio

Te Como Vivo - The Causey Way

Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright

Destroy Rock and Roll - Mylo

AM 180 - Granddaddy

You Can't Hurry Love - The Concretes

Divorce Song - Liz Phair

I Don't Know What I Can Save You From - Kings of Convenience

Aqualung - Jethro Tull

Naive Melody - Talking Heads

Dragostea Din Tea - O-zone

Rest My Head Against the Wall - Heatmiser

A Smile That Explodes - Joseph Arthur

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BLOGGING!

Yes. Blog. MOAR.

On topic: I love mixed CDs. I distinctly remember making mixed tapes. I worry for today's youth. This is something that should never go out of vogue.

Good tuneage, lady. :)