1.15.2007

it feels so late eighties, or early nineties, to be political, where are my friends?

pink scarves 2

i was just going to curl in bed with some natalie angier and get my reading groove on when i realized, fuck fuck fuck (!!!) that i had an abstract due today, the 15th, and i hadn't sent it in yet! ack! so i just typed it up and emailed it off to marshall university, department of english, west virginia. exciting! let's hope that i get a yes yes yes! on more awesome fronts today was incredible. and because i'm anxious to brush my teeth and climb into bed and read read read (and then sleep sleep sleep!!) i'm going to reduce my excitings of today (including a few of stewart's) into a list. and in no particular order:

1. gave jeremy a ride to school today--always fun! and he told me his partner is hanging out w/ my vancouver friends and i'm terribly excited. it made me feel like wood-glue. you know, nice smell and holds everything fun and crafty and structured together?

2. had gndr 611 and honestly feeled like i owned the class. but didn't feel like the asshole that's always hogging the spotlight. it's hard when you're one of two grad students in a class and the teacher tells you they expect you to speak more and lead more than the others (something i feel bad for doing, but i guess it's true, i do have to work harder in a sense..you know more reading and writing and higher expectations-----i hope i do well!!!) anyway, today i clearly stated, "i now wear my badge for simone de beauvoir" and it's true: she is an incredible woman (context people!!!)

3. started chatting up a gal in my class (she too was wearing chucks and we complimented eachother): over the morning and seeing her in other places we befriended eachother and exchanged emails: this is awesome!!!

4. the pink scarves: i have officially been asked if it is me that is spreading the word and the works: i denied it, the pink scarves don't even exist (but see a picture above!!), duh!

5. had lunch in the women's centre and did the draft of said abstract--thank heavens! there was a free-food box and i grabbed some scone mixes and made scones and they're yummy.

6. met with my supervisor and she is behind me (even suggested) that i do a 100% creative thesis (no splitting it into 1/2 theory, 1/2 creative): my only limitation is that it must be on paper: after that.........and that if i do it the way we discussed i could possibly get published by the time i'm done!!! woot! so this MADE my day.

7. had my first counselling appointment (intake) and it went really well: i really have my crap together, i just need a bit of support, yah! (and my areas that need work are stress, anxiety, and the "blues" aka, i feel depressed alot! but not too bad.)

8. had stretch class and a tan. nice times. also did a meditation.

9. made plans for this week with four friends. very good.

10. the prince george craft collective is happening. i've officially decided. i'm an official do-er of things. but there will be more on this later.

11. the zipper on the refurbished hoodie i made yesterday broke apart: but i don't mind!

12. stewart's close friend and wife moved here (they're great!) and stewart ran into them at the bank and they hung out all day and stewart's really excited. i am too. more friends!

13. we cut stewart's hair. maybe i'll get a picture by the week's end!

14. my first class with fyre jean graveline is tomorrow: so excited!!

1 comment:

Kalin said...

re: #1. Erin is awesome and it was so fun to talk to her outside of school. I want matt to let her cut his hair.