1.29.2008

time to get away...time to get away...


i've got a fever, and the only prescription is for more water. and attempting to keep my temperature down with drugs, water, and cold, wet face cloths. i can barely keep an apple down and slept from 6:30-9:00pm and have only made it to the couch (yay for my airport card). i blame the cold. (stewart just put on the cutest grey sweater, nice). it'll be so hot in our basement suite, which is nice, and then i'd go outside all bundled up and still be freezing. this morning when i went out i almost threw up it was so cold. now, weather canada says it's only -25 with the windchill, but yesterday was at least 10 degrees cooler. i just learned that a fever helps us; "As our white blood cells increase in number, like an army to fight the germs, they go faster and faster attacking the germs, this causes our bodies to heat up, thus causing the fever or rise in body temperature." so cool! i'm hot because there's a WAR going on in my body, not because stewart just changed and put his neon orange shorts on. oivey. so, i am taking a sick day tomorrow and marking papers, in bed. i'll probably knit a lot too, and drink lots of water. oooh, i'm going to teach stewart how to blanket stitch.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I would pretty much love to, but I doubt that I will be able to do so for financial reasons and plus it's right towards the end of school. and i am hopefully graduating. can you send me your address again? what are you going to be up to during the summer? maybe sean and I could visit you once you guys get to montreal?