5.23.2011

cybernetic meadow

first off, may has been absolutely busy and just a good wallop on the head. it seems like it was *just* easter and we were *just* in vancouver, but the busy-ness of work and roller derby have obviously conspired against me and BAM! here i am post-may long weekend and so few May 2011 posts to show for it. (i also blame my expired flickr, but that's neither here nor there). what i also don't understand is that i just dumped some pictures onto my computer and went back through my may/april photos and there isn't a single photo of us in vancouver. which means it's official: we have a toddler. and doing anything other than take care of him is exhausting. i have barely knit in forever and can't really use the computer when he's around. that being said, hanging out with him and cuddling in bed with him are the best. just the best. i'm not going to say something cliche like "this is what all the hard work is for"..because it's not. the hard work sucks regardless of the cuddles. but the dude. he's pretty fun! (and walking everywhere! and running too!)

this weekend we went with the ladies to miracle beach. it rained. and i slept (ie. cuddled with seth) a lot. but it was nice to get out of the valley (though i've done it so much lately). it was also great to be UNPLUGGED and not at work. oh yeeeaaaah.





the whole time i couldn't help myself from being so happy that we live on this island. i want to go camping again. once i get all the laundry washed and the camping stuff de-sanded!!

3 comments:

Charity said...

Oh, I'm so jealous (in a nice, happy kind of way - mostly) that you were at Miracle Beach! It's my all-time favourite place on the Island... sigh...

Loki #42 said...

Aah Miracle Beach...my old diggs :) I love it there :) I wish I was camping too!! miss you

babyblue said...

ehn, cliche or not, all the hard work IS for moments like those...whether the hard work sucks or not. i've come to believe that anything worth-it or awesome in life is usually the result of hard work.