10.23.2008

FO: Mitered Mitts!

mitered mitts

I never thought this would ever look like a knitting blog, but here goes nothing!

These are my Mitered Mitts by Elizabeth Zimmerman (the pattern can be found in The Knitter's Almanac, which I borrowed from the Library). I used a knittydirtygirl yarn (because she's my favourite), Robin Egg. I ended up buying two skeins but used 1 skein in 1.5 mittens! so I only used 1/4 ish of the second skein. this is good for me because i have another use for it (in part of a sweater with other yarns from chelsea creature), but it's kind of expensive if you're only going to throw down for the mitts. but that would be silly. i mean, the yarn is so great you'll find another use!

Lastly, I cast on 40 sts and worked the pattern as called for minus the thumb. I only unstitched 4 stitches on each side of the cut (8) and then picked up 2 stitches on each side in the gap so that i was working 12 sts in the round. I c/o by k2tog the whole way around x 2. then wove in all the ends. i'm deciding if i want to felt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

di, they look fantastic. right on!

vanoronto