10.15.2008

one night to speed up truth

chunky slouch
i'm casting on a hat. yes sir ee. it's cold enough here now to almost warrant a toque. woop. it's going to be made of noro kabuto in grey, some malabrigo aquarella, and some lopi in a bulky weight. all greys, charcoals, and a splash of purple-y malabrigo. i'm pretty excited. i'll probably make it a slouch, too. i guess we'll see. i'm new to the slouch hat making life. well, constructing life.

today was super productive and i'm becoming more and more aware of how i have no energy to do anything as well as feel like all i'm known for is doing "stuff". but that part of me is on it's way out. my lack of energy is being replaced by my lack of want to do other things (i blame being in a full time job, the monotony is somewhat energy-source deminishing) such as knit, my thesis (finally!!), and nap nap nap nap nap. rather than those soul/energy sucking activities that i do, like sit on boards and busy myself with organizing and volunteering. i love it and it's important but right now i can't. i mean, it's been a long haul of working in the community and it's hard to do that as a job and as a hobby. it's just exhausting.

xo

1 comment:

becka said...

Oh, such pretty hat colours!

I've tagged you on my blog, hope you come to play!