9.06.2011

29 before I'm 30...

Today I turn 29. For me approaching 30 hasn't really been scary like I'm told by western culture/society whatever it's supposed to be. For me, 25 was a pretty monumental year and in the past few years I've gone back and forth and through and around being an "adult" and I'm 100% sure that transition is not over yet. And still, I don't see 30 as the final line that I'm an adult. I still have a long way to go.

Last year I made a 28before29 list (read it here) and really did a few of them, but some of them were so huge that they OVERTOOK MY LIFE and i had zero time to do the rest. It sucks. The biggest ones were pink hair, getting a full time job, and starting and doing Alberni Valley Roller Girls. I did some of the foodie ones too.

The few I accomplished last year made me think about how sometimes I have a lot of huge goals and in one year I can't do all of them. Having a baby and working full time and doing roller derby is time consuming enough for me (let alone leaving very little time for knitting).

Here's my list for this next year. I already accomplished one of them the day I wrote the list (sometime last week) and I was so proud! I tried to make them more achievable and less in conflict in each other, so we'll see!


29 before i'm 30.
1. go to hilo hawaii for leid on the track
2. get/build/mount a shelf for my tea pots
3. see Melissa
4. own 3 of isa's vegan cookbooks
5. print pizza face zine
6. prince george tattoos
7. get a raise
8. jump over a line with both feet (on skates)  
9. pass WFTDA minimum skills
10. stay vegan until my bday 2012
11. ride to the market with seth in the trailer
12. pay off all credit cards and line of credit 0/5
13. paint our bedroom
14. finish my bday sweater
15. knit stewart's totoro hat
16. knit stewart's kreuger sweater
17. get a manicure 18. tomahawk stop
19. can pickles
20. dress up for hallowe'en
21. only have caffeine/coffee/pop 1 x per month (max). 4/12
22. sew myself a piece of clothing
23. buy a pair of jeans that fit 24. take seth to swimming lessons
25. finish reading PLAYER ONE  
26. hold plank for one minute
27. buy another pair of flues (heels)
28. Do Fish.
29. Ombre hair

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love you lady. Let's start planning our reunion right now. <3

Denielle said...

Great Goals! And well done on nailing the tomahawk stop!

ukeekat said...

Happy birthday!
Leid on the Track sounds like fun. Good luck with yer list! :D
Kat