10.12.2011

A Couple of Recent FOs!

bed socks for sethie
Last weekend I took a class at my LYS, Let's Knit  on thrummed mittens. I decided that because it was pretty warm climate wise in this community that I would make my little mister a pair of thrummed bed socks because those poly-blend ones don't do any justice in our house. I still need to make him some slippers, but these will do in the meantime. I knit the socks in just over one skein of the Diamond Luxury Cashmere Donegal (link) in the moss colour and it really looks like split pea soup. I love it. Here's a link to my ravelry project page.
brioche hat out of rasta for let's knit
This hat I made out of some Rasta that Jennie from Let's Knit gifted me for some reason or another.I had only had this yarn in my possession for a little bit of time, but I felt this urgent need to knit something out of it ASAP and get it out of my house. Maybe because the yarn was so pretty and I wanted to spend a bit of one-on-one time with it. Who knows. Anyway, I forayed into the world of the Brioche stitch to knit this hat. I tried with another hat and I just didn't get it. And, sadly, I was about five yards short, which was the saddest thing ever. Luckily, Jennie had a few yards left and I was able to finish it up. No way you'd ever get a hat out of one ball of rasta, which is disappointing. I didn't ever really like the hat (for me) and promptly donated it back to the LYS where it sits atop the shelves of yarn, in a row with all these other hats, hoping to encourage you to knit yourself a new head warmer for the winter. Here's a link to my ravelry page for this project.

No comments: