11.06.2011

FO: Ocean Breathes Salty

ocean breathes salty
ocean breathes salty

I've been on a bit of a Modest Mouse kick lately. I was really into them when I was a teeny bopper in the mid to late 1990s. I even have a memory of seeing them in Victoria at an all ages show when I was like 14. Pretty epic.

This shawl is my first shawl for myself in a long while (2 years! I knit one right when we moved here). The pattern is called Betiko and it was designed by the lovely Lee Meredith of Leethal.net. I've knit a few of Lee's patterns and what I love about them is their challenging construction. My bff Laura designed a hat using one of her techniques. You should check it out. Anyway, since Lee released this pattern in her mystery pattern I had been dying to make one, and finally was able to get my hands on some berroco Ultra Alpaca and knit it up. It's DREAMY and i LOVE it. Now, time to knit some of my project goals ( <--- ). XO

[RAVELRY PROJECT LINK]

1 comment:

laura said...

i love betiko! yours is beautiful. i did the same mystery knit along. last december. ahh!