5.27.2007

Sleeping is giving in, no matter what time it is.

so, we're back from vancouver. and i'm exhausted. i handed in an assignment super late. the banks/government are breathing down my neck. i'll probably get a third job. i'm having to cut back my extracurricular activities that were awesome and creating social change. grrr. but wanted to share this picture of organ trail who we saw play their last show (tba.) at hoko's (i ganked the picture from their myspace). which was a lot of fun. i didn't buy anything on my trip, except for a new punk haircut (with mullet) and lip balm and two postcards. honestly. i mean, stewart bought me a copy of venus. but nothing else. no craft supplies, no sequins, no music, etc. wait, i bought some stuff at lush, in my depressed state.

so, moving on from suck. i've been inspired by a friend's 101 in 1001 list and it's starting and posted here! yay! i'll be keeping people updated on adding to the list and updating the list, etc.

my 101 in 1001
The theory is I have 1001 days to complete the 101 goals listed below. I'll make entries (maybe even with pictures sometimes) whenever I reach a goal and I'll cross that goal off the list. If an item is in italics it means I've started working on it and a separate post has been made to explain.

1. acquire a second bike. one that is more utilitarian.
2. do a 7 day fast
3. do a 1 day fast
4. go vegetarian for 365 days
5. finish my master’s thesis and defend with clear pass, no revisions.
6. read six canadian fiction novels (one MUST be by farley mowat)
7. read a rushdie novel
8. get married (with a ceremony)
9. sell 10 things in my etsy store
10. build ohsweetie.net
11. attend an academic conference out of country
12. publish an article in an academic journal
13. publish a piece in a non-academic, but substantial, publication (ie. nylon)
14. record an album
15. do a fairy oracle reading without my book (for someone else!)
16. grow yams
17. watch the o.c. season 4 with stewart
18. go for a bike ride every day for 2 weeks
19. learn to crochet
20. sell things that i’ve crocheted
21. acquire and learn to play the lapsteel
22. move to montreal
23. get a job teaching at a post-secondary institution in quebec/montreal
24. make 10 canvases
25. See all the "best film" winners of the Independent Spirit Awards
26. yoga. once a week. 10 weeks straight!
27. buy all of devendra banhart’s albums
28. learn how to screenprint, from start to finish (including screens)
29. read biographies about burt reynolds, pierre trudeau, and elizabeth taylor.
30. see the new harry potter movie in theatre
31. see all of Lars von Trier’s films
32. learn to skateboard and be good at it
33. go back to japan
34. get pregnant
35. dumpsterdive
36. watch all of Pedro Almodóvar’s films
37. read miranda july’s writings
38. write kathleen hanna, courtney love, and beth ditto admiration letters
39. buy something online from lush
40. go blonde, bleach blonde
41. watch all of sarah polley’s films
42. sell my wares at the farmer’s market
43. work in a job for more than 1 year
44. create riot grrrl education packs and sell them to music appreciation teachers
45. mentor someone
46. make an egg free hollandaise sauce
47. learn to make the foods my grandma made when i was a kid
48. go swimming in the ocean
49. see blonde redhead live
50. fit the women’s clothing at american apparell.
51. have someone write an article about me
52. tour with a friend’s band
53. interview tegan and sara
54. give away two articles of clothing that i love and couldn’t live without
55. hold a 30 minute conversation en francais
56. sell my car
57. switch all the lightbulbs in my home to energy efficient ones
58. teach someone how to sew
59. finish this list
60. move to our new place
61. sign up for zip
62. pay off the money i owe to the federal government
63. sort out that msp bullshit
64. sew kieran's hoodie
65. pay off my line of credit
66. buy a pair of ice skates and go skating at the public rink downtown prince george
67. finish my stress and relaxation workbook
68. sew three bikini tops and give two of them away (keep one for me, of course)
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74. and on and on...it'll get there.

No comments: