5.19.2008

crafternoon: feels like dancing is the way to go

i've decided i need to take a break. i just have to email my supervisor. i'm not sure why i was rushing to get my MA finished. i'm just going to take the time i need to instead of hurrying along in classic academic style. and being puzzled by this has kind of kept me "down". i haven't had much motivation to do anything and feel super overwhelmed by everything. i mean, my laundry has been in a basket in my living room for a month. i just shop for my morning clothes there. at least i got all the winter clothes away. but, i feel like i'm back on track.

new yarns!

my kitchen smells like kool aid and is steamy. my hands are all clammy from all the hot water too. i think yarn dying is my new friend. it's sooooo satisfying it's unbelievable. and the kool aid makes me really thirsty for sugary punch, hot days, and water fights.

stashbuster sock

i knit these socks too! well, i'm just past the heel on the first one. it's a stashbuster sock. it pooled all weird and red/blue in the middle and i don't really like it, but i think that's just the way it is. i also love this 6-ply sock yarn from ONline! so quick to knit!

90s shoes

and then earlier today a. and i got together and painted shoes we got at (gasp) wal-mart for $5 with neon fabric paints, sharpies, and i pulled out some glue and buttons (which i got from schoollocker. i think im going to wait for stewart to get home and be a dutiful wife (sarcasm please!) and make him dinner and give him tonnes of attention because he picked up a really long shift at work today and i'm sure it was stressful. i mean, starbucks drivethrough? i wouldn't be able to handle it.

ooh, do you like woodhands?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your shoes.