5.30.2008

where i've been: a photo essay

baby basils

it's really beautiful outside. well, it's kind of grey. but it's no longer winter. so i'm happy. and my baby basil's are growing. i like that as i get older my ability to keep plants alive is working. too bad we only have two windows of appropriate light! i don't think i'd ever be a hippy with tonnes of plants. but i like the few i have.

window sill to the south.

the three big ones in this picture are actually remaining ones from our wedding. it's nice to see them survive a dastardly winter and emerge somewhat weathered but considerably bigger.

the salad bar

and to boot i saw this really great gardening project for outside! it'll be dogeared to next summer, definitely. but super easy and cool. i love readymade!

socks of kindness

and, as you know, i've been knitting a lot for myself lately! these are socks of kindness that i am knitting up with misti alpaca. so soft, i can barely handle it. i just stop and stare at them as they grow.

summer lovin' socks

i think the onset of socks means that i'm travelling a lot! i have all next week to knit these socks! ha! stewart's going to be without me for 8 days or something. pout pout. i like going places and seeing people (derek! jen! my family! kalin!) and shows (crystal castles! wut wut!) and doing work. but i really just want to hang out at home for a while. i should force myself to have a staycation soon.

hanami shawl

lastly, i've begun to knit myself up a hanami shawl. it's with some beautiful buttercream from yarnchef. who is definitely my hero.

i'm excited too because some sock yarn is coming my way to make the ribbon scarf too! off to work on the shawl and get some other work done! yay! tonight=SEX AND THE CITY MOVIE BOOOYAAAAH!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

holy - that pink yarn is amazing! And I don't even like pink! yarnchef you say... hmm...