5.05.2008

i'm gonna get free this time


i went camping. i hate camping. sure, we were in bunks, but the environment stinks (couldn't drink tap water, sand, etc). but i'm happy i sacrificed eyeliner and my bed and my cats and my man to go to val de bois, qc (north of gatineau). where i literally hung out with the coolest women and feminists i've ever met! these women are mobilizing their communities around gendered issues and working in creative capacities straight across the board. these women are so inspiring for me and it just makes me cry that they exist out there in my world! we had so many connections through other friends and communities and we own campus radio and crafting worlds and our voices. it was incredible.

i'm home to the onslaught of student loans. they're here! i can finally buy groceries and good cat food and new face wash. and pay my bills. i feel like i will survive now!

i need to work, calls, etc. hope you're all well. xoxo

No comments: