9.24.2008

i know it enough to believe it.

stewart dancing

i'm feeling angsty today. and i blame it specifically on my lack of sleep last night. you see, we decided to have a midnight roast beef dinner (it was so good). dave, stewart, and i ate organic beef, potatoes, chard, and gravy (one of my non favourite veggie meals) and drank beer/wine and i ended up watching gossip girl (episode four is pretty awesome). meaning i didn't get to sleep until 2am. not good news.

when i'm tired and stressed about money i feel directionless. i don't even really have energy to do work, which is understandable because i'm tired, but restricting. nor can i focus on my knitting. i get distracted and just keep casting on a project after another. and then i start listening to hole and picking myself apart. so i cut my hair.

soft light

all those months of "growing" and "hating" my hair went down the drain, and now it's super short and kind of a little mushroom shaped (i didn't really pay attention to what i was doing, i just cut it). when i got it cut a few months ago a tonne of super short layers were put in to thin it to give more credence to the mullet i would assume, so all those layers are growing into this mushroom shape and now that i've cut off the bottom layers, it just looks a little 90s/mushroom like. nothing some putty can't fix. and i really like the thick thick thick front bang.

i think that i'm going to snap out of this mood. maybe i'll just go to bed. but i feel that when i go to be early that i'm a quitter. what's that about? anyway, it'll give me a chance to not only catch up, but to cuddle with pickle. i guess too is that with stewart working nights i like being able to see him when he gets home but if i go to bed now i wouldn't have seen him ALL DAY! but we'll hang out tomorrow (he's getting a tattoo!!) and it will all work out in the wash.

xo

3 comments:

Alison said...

I like the haircut (says the lady trying to grow out her bangs but thinking maybe it's not worth it because bangs are cute...).

Anonymous said...

Fuck yes to listening to hole at 2am. Ive been there, props. Not wanting to go to bed because my days are so hectic, nights are the only time I have to myself when I can do all that shit you would never do when the sun is out. eg: thursday night 1 am scarfing pitas and humous followed by perogies followed by a protein shake followed by a chocolate bar wearing a wife beater with my hair clipped back out of my face watching season three of Queer as folk.... just one more episode... Ive gone on four hours of sleep before and its been ok?? right?

These are the times that make life worth living.

becka said...

I like the haircut!

Ugh, Richard works nights too so I know how that is. We basically just get this teeny window of time between me getting home (6.30-7pm) and him leaving for work (9pm). It sucks. Thankfully, I've just quit one of my jobs which mean I will soon only be working 2 days a week and become a domestic goddess. Hurrah!