8.24.2005

"i never noticed, you're so amazing, fucking amazing!"



im wearing a hoodie! im hot, sticky, and really tired, but im wearing a hoodie! yay for the onslaught of hoodie season! what? i think i have a boyfriend. im not sure, in all honesty, if he IS my boyfriend or not. and its so not one night stand man, chotto embarrassing, but rather a cute mid twenties, style queen. gaaaaa! last night i went and sang karaoke for 3.5 hours, didnt pay a thing (im so not used to that!!), and didnt get to sleep until almost 3am! ii ne!

so, ive been thinking. i really love japan. and its true. i am so at peace here. its silly. and that i dont want to leave. but as i told my mom last night (oh gracious mom who i can pretty much tell anything and is all over everything in my life and i love it!!!) i think i have to be in vancouver for a while, somewhere that's not japan for a while, and live and attempt to figure out if i am really supposed to be here for the long haul. or if its just that japan has made me the person ive always wanted to be. i think it would be a lot easier if i didnt have a psuedo boyfriend who i would marry in a heart beat. who i want to move to canada. someone to teach me japanese. we can open a used-shop on the beach and listen to reggae. and drink grapefruit juice. and stencil t-shirts. fuck. why does this have to happen just before i leave?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because that is the way of things. Love wouldn't be any fun if it were easy.

T

Anonymous said...

We are encountering turbulence. Hey, no email responses in my mailbox. Di-chan - give us a shout and type the whole sordid JPA story when you get some time. I promise to laugh cry & empathize.

Or, better yet, chat in Vancouver over pints. Bourbon's gone to shit (shootings and long lineups, I'm told) but never fear. I'll be in Van Friday to look for a place with Kory & another dude.

I'm real curious about your quasi-BF and assorted romps & romances. Looking forward to details.

Peace
Kano

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, sister! The exact same thing happened to me 4 years ago-met someone amazing with only 2 weeks to go in Japan. Sooo muzukashii! It still hurts to think about it yo. Life isn't fair sometimes.

Ru-chan