7.17.2008

i need your help!


i know that i've been so "get the fuck out of pg! i'm so sick here! i can't wait to live in victoria" but something's happening. stewart balked at how much more expensive it will be for us to live in victoria (he's a bit freaked out by it esp since we're so pay check to pay check now) and at the fact that i'd be the main breadwinner by far (which is scary for all!!) and after hanging out with friends who own houses and have dogs and gardens and compost (i now donate my compost to them!) and yards and beautiful reno projects inside and plants in their showers, etc i realize again how much i want that! and stewart, the bugger, put it back in my hands: he said, "well, i could stay or i could go, so you decide!".

part of staying is "giving in" in that we always (i always) plan these great grand schemes and fucking talk them up and then don't follow through. my favourite being the cross canada trip kieran and i have been planning since grade 10. or finishing my thesis, that's another good one! (how about even starting it!)

so, i think i'm going to look at this house tomorrow. and meet with a bank before the downpayment laws change or see if some wonderful parent in my life could fund a down payment and go in on it with us.

holy fuck. i'm so confused!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Diandra! I think I know exactly how confused you feel. Its a horrible feeling. I thought Victoria was so a done deal (and a little bit of me hated that because I just met you and you are too cool for words and I didn't want you to go away). You could do a whole pro and con analysis, but I bet in the end it will be a gut thing.

Lisa said...

My only word of caution is the massive money pit home-ownership turns out to be. I have never seen anyone who can withstand the lure of renovations and the ritual signing-of-the-paycheque-over-to-home-depot that goes along with it. While it may be satisfying to sculpt your living space to suit you..... is it better than walking around lovely Victoria or hanging out with friends?

I live in Vancouver which is retarded expensive but the quality of life I have here is so far beyond anywhere else I've lived - living in this place where I can walk/bike/bus everywhere, bump into friends on the street, stroll to the water, hit the art gallery on a whim, etc. I wouldn't trade it.

That said - cute house!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, life. So confusing and complicated sometimes. I think it's a gut feeling. See how you feel when you see the house. Think about what it is about Victoria that makes you want to be hear. As cliched as it is: listen to your heart!

xo