11.02.2008

as good as i could possibly imagine my life getting, it did, after i met you..

fire tones in my kitchen

i haven't really ever been a fan of mt. eerie. mainly because i never made space in my heart for them. i find that i have all these bands and artists that i love and they just fill my heart but i find it hard to replace any thing in there. as if my heart has no more room to add some other music or book, etc. i guess i could say i'm somewhat "full" culturally. which is ridiculous. but that's definitely how i feel. so, to my happiness mt. eerie joined up with julie doiron. who is officially one of my favourites. i have loved her since back in the days when i got my hands on that purple blue tape at the subpop store and sang my heart out. i'm pretty sure her solo stuff got me through japan, too. their collaborative effort, "Lost Wisdom", is exactly what i've been looking for to fill that "fall's here" void i was feeling. time to put the robyn and the yelle away. it's cuddle up with tea and popcorn and knitting music that's needed.

another wonderful person that's never really made their way into my heart, and i always was in awe of girl of the north country's love of him since i didnt really get it, is ryan adams. i just got my hands on the new ryan adams and the cardinals and immediately got it going in the car. and just love it. yay! i get it now!!

slouchy copy cat hat

today stitch n bitch was really great. it reminded me how much i love my snb and the lovely ladies who come and knit. it gave me hope and energy. i worked on a project that's not only a custom order but the pattern will hopefully be published very soon! in print! and sported my brand new hat made from this pattern.

okay, must run and make popcorn and wait for stewart to get home so we can have dinner! i just started not eating as much wheat again so it's rice every day and he's sick of it. no matter how hard i work it. but i say, bring on the rice! yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAWD! I wish you moved here!!!!!

Melissa said...

I need that new album! I adore him. i love that hat. I would still love to order a hat from you. We should arrange this again.