11.24.2008

castlevania casserole

i made my FIRST casserole tonight! woop! i'm officially a domestic person and definitely a WIFE. hahaha. (again, recipe below). stewart totally helped with chopping and spraying the fat in the pan (his favourite sport i think) and now we're both squirrelled away in our own little computer rooms working on whatever computer-based things we do. he usually downloads music and i blog and troll flickr/ravelry.

i've been trolling etsy for xmas gifties lately and thought i'd share with you a few of my most recent favourites:

> cassette canvas
> dead man's party messenger bag
> kdg holiday handspun (love!!)
> hand embroidered bike bag
> flap hat
> magenta twig earrings from stillbreathing85 (love!)

castlevania casserole

my casserole's ingredients were: 2.5 cups dry rice pasta which you boil, mixed with 1 cup frozen peas (a finethankyou secret i think), 1 sliced/chopped portabella mushroom, 2 cups of left over salmon (from dinner last night), 1.5 cups of heavy cream, 3/4 cups of homemade yoghurt, 1/4 cup pesto.

then the topping was two slices of left over ciabatta bread (from a few nights ago, nice and dry), six cloves of garlic, and 1/2 cup of roasted pepitas. those were totally pulsed to bits in my mini processor and mixed with one egg, a big tablespoon of soft earth balance, and 150grams of grated medium gouda (hard cheese!!).

i then got out our WHITE casserole dish (can casserole be served in anything that isn't white?) and dumped in the first round of ingredients and topped it off with the second round and it's now baking in the oven at 350degrees for probably 45 minutes (i have no idea, i'm winging it here).

it looked delicious. and i'll try to post some pictures on flickr of the finished product.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

i am working on a 101 in 1001 list. yay!

Eden Oliver said...

D-face,

If you *haven't* yet started my christmas gift wrist warmers, I have a preferred proposition for you. A knitted toque/hat thing in a particular style (I'll send you picture)--Lisi has said hat and I've been borrowing it obsessively and realized I won't be able to once I move out.

If you have started my wrist warmers, no worries, I will cherish those immensely as well!

Love you!
~Eden

becka said...

Well done Wifey! That does sound delicious (although I'd switch the salmon for some kind yummy tofu)! We definitely should catch up next time I come up your way, curry and pancakes (although maybe not together..) sounds like a treat to me. Let me know when you're down here next, too!