11.18.2008

everybody knows someone like that...



today i was feeling so run down by the bureaucracy at work that i was >thisclose< to throwing in the towel. which isn't what anyone wants. and then two things happened. first i went to a youth-run council meeting and was just invigorated by being around youth! i think that the connections i can make with these young adults is really important for everyone involved and for whatever reason attending that 1 hour meeting and getting not only positive feedback but interest from other people was really amazing. it made me realize that i need constant affirmation from those i work for. which can be troubling, because i would rely on myself for affirmation but the way that they would show their appreciation (if they are) is not the way i would show my appreciation. it feels a lot like, "out of sight, out of mind". maybe i'm being too hard on myself, or being super stressed and paranoid that i might not get the job i thought i was asked to do (!! ?).


second, on my way home i listened to "listen up" by the gossip REALLY LOUD and sang along REALL LOUD. it just made me feel so much better and reminded me where my resistance comes from intrinsically and where my want to do the work i'm doing is burning at it's core. in this video my favourite part is how hott she looks dancing with that pizza.

now, off to gossip girl land!

2 comments:

Eden Oliver said...

"Listen Up" made my day! Yes! I think my favourite part is when I first saw her knitting--I thought "this person is almost as cool as my sister."

Anonymous said...

ive been rocking this song all week. burberry shades...check. cigarettes... check.

4th gear....

123... now listen to me.

BOOOOOYAAAAAA!!!!