12.07.2008

my top 10 albums of 2008



i'm happy someone started the top 10 lists! i've been thinking about it all week and here it goes! overall, i wasn't really excited by music this year (!!). oddly, too, my choices are a little more all over the place than last year (which was all electro), and they're in order.

1. why - alopecia
2. crystal castles - s/t
3. jaguar love - take me to the sea
4. cut copy - bright like neon love
5. mirah - the old day's feeling
6. she + him - vol. 1
7. hercules + love affair - s/t
8. sebastien grainger and the mountains - s/t
9. robyn - s/t
10. teenagers - reality check

special mentions go out to M83, mates of state, and chad vangaalen.

my favourite shows of this year were definitely the blow, crystal castles, and pan de sal and the mathematicians in vegas.

the most disappointing album for me this year was definitely the new css. (excuse me while i throw up).

and, lastly, the old albums that i re/discovered this year that made 2008 awesome were: sleater kinney's dig me out, replacement's pleased to meet me, and preston school of industry's all this sounds is gas.

what were your faves?

No comments: