2.15.2009

taking the craziest mother daughter title from judy and liza

from above
today was great !! i slept in uncontrollably and got to go roller derby (barely, my body doesn't like me), eat camelot, see the necessities of life, and eat cheese toast to get my vitamins down. above is the most current photo of my garter yoke cardigan (from the winter knit.1 mag). i love it. i've had to modify the pattern as i go along. notes to date include casting on the # of sts for the xl but then only increased the raglan to the size of the L. split was 47 for both fronts and 60 for each arm. i then picked up 5 sts in the armpit and have since decreased by two (knit to last three, ssk, k1, pass m, k1, k2tog) sts every 2-3 inches to a maximum of 4 times. i've done the body the same as the pattern so far, but i think i've knit the middle "straight" part about 1/2 inch more than the pattern called for (i haven't had a chance to measure it yet) and i'll probably do increases on the bottom past the required to make it bigger to hold my belly. yay for knitting mods! haha

off to finsih gilmore girls, my ginger tea, and dream of sleep. tomorrow is work, recycling day, and the arrival of my mom.

xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might have to alter it too - my belly is bigger than the rest of my body and I quite like it nicely wrapped in wool :) This cardigan is my favourite at the moment, but I haven't decided what yarn to use. I am so inspired by your colour choices. Can't wait to see it finished!

Eden Oliver said...

A Mom visit--you're so lucky! I miss you lovely ladies. We'll have to visit soon...