8.10.2007

task #98: drop spindling


this is a picture of me, my sister, and our mom just after i got back from japan. i've been feeling LOW about myself lately: particularly b/c i'm gaining so much weight-->but who the fuck wouldn't be gaining this weight with my schedule? i suck at planning physical activity, but should get to it more. i do love this picture of the three of us. i think we've only been together one other time since then (as the three of us) and the next time will be the wedding. it's hard us being busy girls. stewart and i just watched arthur with liza minelli and i just love her. i love her style, her accent, her hair, and her attitude. i felt like i really wanted to BE her. well, embody her style anyway. and her figure. not some waify-thing we're forcefed now, but something gorgeous and curvy. i was telling the girls at work that if i get under a size 16 (which i haven't, but i've been a 16), i would begin to feel weird about myself and not be sure about who i was. so much of my identity is poured into what size i am and how much that makes me me. i know that i'd be incredibly svelt-ly gorgeous if i was thin and tall (the ladies in my family are killers), but i don't know if it's something i even want to get to. and not because i dont think i could get there (i couldnt at this point in my life, i dont have the drive to give into the patriarchal standards of beauty), but is there something wrong with wanting that body (ie. those beautiful milky tarts from suicide girls)? oivey.

as for drop spindling, i bought yarn today and i met a woman that is hooking (haha) me up with an instructor for drop spindling. i'm excited. i want to learn SO bad. off to read more klosterman and think about my thesis (i'm scared).

2 comments:

Carly said...

hey d
think health rather than size. you're beautiful and fabulous and i want you around as long as possible.

Melissa said...

You are beautiful and I would date you. Which Klosterman are you reading?