10.31.2004

the first day of the 11th month

kombanwa!

this is a entry from my journal that i wrote this morning. it gives you a run down. today, my overall mood is:bleck. but alas. i signed my contract and met my other boss. it was raining earlier. i also lost 20,000 yen, which is like, $230. yikes.

Today is my first official day of work. it is accompanied by a headache and gut rot. ive showered and taken advil to quell the achy head. i need to eat soon. so, the cause of the aches and rot, you guessed it! a night out on the town. oh yeah. welcoming party for me. jason and two friends and i went to an izakaye and drank a lot and ate a lot. so, 11 beers, 15 dishes (dimsum-like), including a healthy dose of sushi and sashimi. 1 bottle of red wine, and 4 cover charges = 12,000 yen. not bad.

the food that was new for me; deep fried edamame, and unagi and cheese tempura.

so after that we walked to another part of town to go to this bar, rough roll. we went in and they were playing !!! and had pj harvey, yeahyeahyeahs, franz ferdinand, etc. on the wall. so great!!!

whilst there i met these two girls who were with their friends. very sharp, beautiful, etc. one of the girls was just married and this was her celebration among her and her husbands friends. suits abounded. so, i talked about fashion and makeup with the girls (supposedly i can get mac in sendai--1 hour from here! yippee!) anyway, at this point yoko (jason:s friend) says that we were going to karaoke (also with other friends) ...

shit, i:m tired and we:re going to leave soon, so this is cut here.

basically, im having fun, and i like the food, etc. its hard to describe it when im not really in the mood. i miss you all so fucking much it hurts.

xoxo di.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too Di, and you know that you are in our thoughts (and my prayers :P). I am happy to hear that you're well, although homesick - just remember that it is an experience of a lifetime! It's weird - as much as I hate *home* - I still get homesick sometimes :) Love us and we will love you in return - for ever!

G-dawg

Anonymous said...

Hello D!
So glad that you are alive. Do you have an mailing address that we can send stuff to?
All is well. I'm in Port Elgin doing CAW stuff and having a fun time.
Lots of luv and hugs!
-Cranberrie Fryer