4.23.2005

"in the house that's by the tracks, i want you, i want you back!"

i want to make a list of the sexiest songs and im never able to sit down and rack my brain and make a list. so i will start with four, and i encourage you to add to the list (make me proud!)
1. striptease - hawksley workman
2. rapture - pedro the lion
3. the richest man in babylon - thievery corportation (the whole album)
4. anything by bugge wesseltoft.

moving on, ive been doing base sketches for the brautigan book, which is the hardest work, b/c its all of the creative work, and then the drawing of the real plates (i need to know artspeak!) is the technical part. im leaving all watched over by machines of loving grace till the end. last night i finished my shrug, which i will put more details about on artificia, but i thought i might post a picture. some would say that i look scary. the knitting demon!

shrug 1

you cant tell from the picture, but one sleeve is longer than the other, by about two inches. which is a problem that i have yet to remedy. maybe after i put it in the dryer itll change shape, in a good way.

on friday i wore jelly bracelets to my class that i was teaching, and moeko, 4yearsold, says, "diandra, what's this?" and grabs my wrist. i say "its a bracelet". she repeats "bracelet" quietly to herself and then says, "its beautiful" really really loud! so cute!

and i keep forgetting to say that i have the cutest neighbour. but in a mid-20s, wears suits, rides a silver bike (wanted a black one, but i have a black one and didnt want to confuse anything), and is super hot. and doesnt speak a word of english. except, when he speaks to me in japanese he speaks really fast and im not listening because im imagining nasty things.

by the eki


view east of akayu eki. yesterday was ugly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sexiest song ever: "Feel It" by Jakalope

I will make you a copy when I actually make your Mike Doughty CD. No really, I mean it.

Carly said...

I'll have to think of some more hot songs. I had a list but I can't think right now.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHhhh.. the shrug is shrugtacular!! I love it!!! I want to see more pictures of it!

you are the best and the shrugiest...

love caitlin