4.22.2005

"what's the weather like?"

this is where all the kids would scream "it's stormy!". and i would ask "do you like it when its stormy?" and all the little girls would scream "no!!" and the solitary boy in the lesson would wait until they were finished and say, relatively quietly, but with confidence "yes!" ah, the thunder, lightning, rain, and the wind. and im about to go out into it. yay!

last night after my japanese lesson i ran into the woman, umiko, who works at the convenience store by my house. she was all dressed up to play tennis and was carting a big trough of tennis balls back into building. so, she tells me that she and others play tennis there every tuesday and thursday and then she invites me to join. and now i am going on tuesdays! and i said that i dont have a racket, and she said she'd bring one for me to use. which is fabulous. but i think that with my next paycheck i will buy a tennis racket. im so excited. i havent played a good game of tennis in years and i fucking love tennis (but not as much as i love soccer, or skating. damn, i want to go ice skating, in terrace, while they play 2unlimited and my dad chases after me and i freak out because not only do i hate falling but i suck at stopping).

other than that im starting to come to terms with my internet-addiction. and i dont think its a twelve step program. maybe it should be a twelve step program. but part of it would be getting over my narcissism, and as roy said, i mean, what's more fun than reading about yourself?

No comments: