12.08.2010

#23: Lotusland Linguine

Lotusland Linguine - from the Rebar Cookbook
Lotusland Linguine - from the Rebar Cookbook
Lotusland Linguine - from the Rebar Cookbook

It was hard to pick a pasta to start with. I chose this one b/c we're kinda poor right now and the ingredients were cheap (and we had most of them at home already). Many of the pastas I can just go right out and buy stuff for, but the ingredient lists are LONG and I know, just know, that most of the recipes would just be better with local or in season ingredients.

This one, the Lotusland Linguine, is pretty delicious. It was relatively easy and anything with peanut sauce kind of wins my heart. I'm not going to put the recipe here because the cookbook is so amazing you should buy a copy. Substitutions/Changes I made were no snow peas (couldn't find them at the grocery store), green pepper instead of red pepper, and the recipe is way too much food (leftovers and lunch for stew tomorrow), and there isn't enough peanut sauce. I like lots of sauce, so next time will double the recipe. Oh, and it's also vegan! yum!

No comments: