5.06.2005

"i dont know why. but we like a narrow place."

stationary

i love how buying cheap stationary in japan makes me feel really cool. so hip and so on top of my own self-made image! oh yes, the stigma that i attach to this 100yen stationary that i buy because it's english is amusing, and then images oh so cute. what will i do without you?

what was your favourite book as a child? the most memorable stories for me were millicent and the wind (my mom had a pocket sized one she used to carry around in her purse for when we waited with her at doctors offices, banks, and other associated errands-based places. i had this same book framed on my wall in burnaby, and now it sits next to my bed.), a promise is a promise, and the paper bag princess (which i think every canadian kid knows inside and out), and lastly chapter six from the hobbit (the gollum chapter), and only that chapter. aside from the hobbit my life was completely dominated by the wonderful robert munsch. this man so wrote my childhood. and many others. so, today i just laminated my un-slangy version of the paper bag princess that i will teach to my students. how exciting! woot!

i feel like im getting a cold sore. i havent been making out with anyone with them, or giving head to random people with herpes, or sharing food/drinks with those who have facial herpes, so hmm. where could it be coming from? they never stick around. maybe im just dehydrated, or perhaps herpes is airborn here. that would make for an interesting news story. okay, and i know that you dont do all the reading that i do, but it is imperitive that you check these things out because they are pretty interesting and have been hogging my attention for most of the day:
Japan to pull troops from Iraq by Dec. 14 (japan times)
Teen back in B.C. for cancer treatment (cbc b.c.)
Seishun Juhachi Kippu
Kluster Stuff/my sister is weird

1 comment:

diandra said...

cluster is group housing at uvic.