6.27.2005

"i was happier then with no mindset"

yakuza manga i found at the laundromat
yakuza manga i found at the laundromat
i found this manga at the laundromat. it was about the yakuza.


im feeling really possessive of "my japan". im not wanting to share this experience with anyone right now. which, is really strange. ive had quite a few lonely months. a few months of enjoying it, and wanting to go out and have fun, and share my experience. now i just want to hog everything, revel in it, because it will never be like this again. i wont lose this part of myself when i go back to canada, but i will definitely not be the same person, and will have to meld my japan self with my vancouver self. dont get me wrong, im so psyched to get back to vancouver and do the show, etc. just i wont be able to bring the people back with me. the experience will have to include hindsight, post-reflection, and an understanding that my time here in japan (this time around) will be past.

to do, june 28th-july 3rd.
1. do my lesson planning for this week (week ends thursday).
2. all of my july scope plans, for all five levels, and create plans for parents/students.
3. tidy the fuck out of my flat.
4. work until 9pm both the 28th, and 29th.
5. move furniture from jason's flat on the 29th.
6. the "company" going away party for jason on the 30th.
7. the "lets drinking at izakaya" with jason and martin on the 30th.
8. jason's live show on the 1st in yamagata.
9. work all day on the 2nd.
10. white trash party on the 2nd.
11. have dinner/late lunch with eiko on the 3rd.
12. do all of my brautigan drawings on the 3rd.
13. shut down my computer right now and not turn it back on until the 3rd or 4th. yikes. have a good week kids! xoxo di.

2 comments:

Carly said...

while our traveling/living abroad experiences have no doubt been different i can relate to the possessiveness of "my __insert country/continent___"
only now am i somewhat ready to show anyone my photos and by now most people have forgotten about me being away.
my parents don't even ask about it.
yes, i had a blog but i kept so much out of it.
miss you! countdown continues!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, come back to us. The virtual world likes you too!

T