3.23.2005

it's raining", said diandra with headache

im starting to realize that this blogging is removing me from writing in my journal. as if im putting a priority on blog posts rather than on my journal. and it should really be the other way around. but right now im so fricking busy, probably b/c i spend most of my time procrastinating on the internet, ahem, that i havent really picked up my journal in days. ive completed about 1/2 of my to do list, and now im about to set out to make materials for the next 4 hours, which is fun fun fun. its my favourite part of the job. i just have some semi-difficult ones to do tonight, and probably time consuming. that im not looking forward to.

in 1.5 weeks i will be doing extra work for the other boss, driving a temporary teacher around, and while i will be taking out a lot of my time, at least im getting paid (two days im double paid, b/c i get my salary, and the extra money. suhweet) 15,000yen. about $170cdn. its only about 8$/hour, but hey, i get to drive someone around for 8$/hour. that is pretty good. and since im so hurting for money...

okay, here's the hurting for money situation. supposedly english teachers make a lot of cash, and i am making a lot of cash, but its not like i get to buy coach bags, etc. so, here's my usual monthly budget.
salary 235,000yen
-41,000 rent
-46,000 money sent to canada for student loan payments/credit cards
-30,000 money paid to my boss (from today i still owe him 130,000yen)
-50,000 bills. (this is really high, and jason would probably cry/be in shock. but, ive been racking up my keita bills, and gas bills are excruciating, but in 2 months i hope it goes down to 30,000y. that would be a bit more normal).
and that leaves me with 68,000yen. which is a terribly large amount of money to spend on food, going out, etc. but for some reason it feels really really tight. and im on a budget of about 2000yen a day (20$/day cdn) which is a lot, but i dont know where it all goes... (food, developing film, etc). every month is usually spend 10,000yen on something, last month it was the car, this month it was wendy/an overdue gas bill. it just adds up. and when i get back to canada and do my taxes i will probably owe the government about 200$/month for a year or so, b/c im not taxed as much on my income here as if i was in canada.

so, now think of those english teachers who make 300,000yen and dont have any debt. that means that they have an extra 70,000-80,000yen to spend. they go skiing, they have cars, they go to movies, and they go to tokyo for the weekend. i cant do that shit, and even when i get back to canada i will still owe my mum/ken $1600cdn. so, really, im not making a lot of money. tell your friends, debt sucks.

but, im finding myself. (ha ha.)

No comments: