3.05.2005

ode to a tomodachi

okay, so i made a list. which isnt so smart, is it? but it was inspired by the fact that every single time i hear modest mouse (and like it) i think of kalin. and i realized how much my friends have given me. or inspired me in specific ways. so heres the list. and if you're not on here, i dont really love you. (ha ha, that's not true!!)

kalin.
-meow hottness
-motivational emails.
-lucky. strut.
-modest mouse.
-love of 80s cut tees.
-she's just so fucking cool.

carly.
-queer lusting.
-rekindling union spirit.
-valley love.
-shopping, dancing, beyonce, beyonce, beyonce.

caitlin.
-she makes me want to move to romania and have babies with her.
-sepia toned outlook on life.
-rekindled my love for the canadian indie scene.
-jooooolieeee!

jeff.
-makes smoking so glamorous, i want to try. gimme!
-siouxie.
-slip ons.
-he makes me cry those tears of love.

eden. (okay, so she's my sister. but...)
-narcissism.
-narcissism.
-narcissism.
-tegan and sara.

brie.
-she's my sole inspiration for everything.
-le tigre.
-pushing my manilla envelopes to de-grannydi me.

jesse.
-i think about her when i rent movies.
-one of the strongest women i know.
-diy.
-pushes me to be critical and introspective.
-shares my lust for college english teachers.

kieran.
-we fight and get sulky on road trips. i love it.
-he makes me feel unworthy and loved at the same time.
-no matter how far i go, i can always go back home.

alex.
-baking fever.
-he lets me influence him (in good ways and bad..) haha.

amanda.
-she's brilliant.
-honest.
-bridge.
-cbc love.
-chocolate for breakfast.
-encourages me to crush on canadian authors.

nicholas.
-looking up raushenberg on the internet.
-erickson, eames, coupland, rothko.
-good kisser.
-taking my coat.
-makes me want to be a better person.

becca.
-she hugged my mom!!!
-d-funk.
-best soy foam ever.

anna.
-inspires me to get off my ass.
-old remo love.
-shes my other sister.

lucy.
-you know when you meet someone for the first time and you think to yourself. "hot damn, we're gonna be friends! allright!"
-inner nihon love.

jason.
-tom waits.
-terrace memories.
-my official man when im in a bind. (haha, THANKYOU!!!)
-squeezes information out of me without me even knowing it.

mike.
-hot damn.
-he too knows that ian hanomansing is short.

roy.
-dance fever.

graham.
-he listens to my drunken ramblings about inadvertedly having my heart broken.
-best hugs.
-shares my guilty love for sbux. except, he's not really guilty. and that i LOVE.

tim.
-mike doughty.
-optimism about winter.
-patience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww sweetie - you're amazing.... I can't wait for you to get back so we can have a HUGE hug, a GREAT NIGHT of drunken rambling and some fabulous sbux together! I miss you! Graham

Anonymous said...

when you get back i will show you major valley love - deep valley love.
in the meantime i will have to write to you about my escapades.
oh, how i am excited about you getting your own computer with internet - we will steal you away from work as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

Was beginning to wonder if I was going to be in the list or not :) Good picks though. Esp the last one.

T

Anonymous said...

From the lady with inner nihon love: I felt exactly the same way when I first met you! That's so splendid!! I'm going to write you some snail mail soon. Maybe even konban! Take care of yourself up in the snowy North. -Lucy xoxo