1.24.2011

and it begins!

february will be squash month over at the blog

february will be !! squash !! month around here; i'm already getting it together! i've planned out some recipes, started cooking (and eating and taking poorly lit pictures), and have even made a fancy banner! my goal for february is to eat every single squash in our cold storage! including the pumpkin! so there's got to be a dozen squash in there.

we have a pumpkin, a turban squash, autumn cup squash, a few different sized delicata squash, a number of both green and yellow hybrid acorns, and some butternuts!

if you're feeling adventurous and would like to post a squash recipe/post here in february just drop me a line at ohsweetie@gmail.com; this could be way fun!

2 comments:

.... said...

Ahh! I am glad it is squash month.
There has been a ton of (perfectly good) squash in the dumpster lately, so I have been experimenting lots. I believe that it is butternut.
Recently, I roasted big chunks of it in the oven at about 400 for twenty minutes with a little bit of olive oil. I put the roasted chunks in the food processor, and mixed them with a handful of walnuts, a whole roasted head of garlic (less if you're not a garlic freak like me)cinnamon, garum masala and cumin. I then steamed a bunch of spinach and put the mixture of both over top of whole wheat rotini. I baked it in the oven for about half an hour at three hundred.
I tasted awesome, especially for a madeup/usupwhateversinthehouse/comfortveganfood
Laura (burkholder)

Derek Anderson said...

http://finethankyou.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/you-owe-me-a-hundred-if-you-cum/

Squash recipe from last year.